Spartan Races to come

Spartan Races to come
Upcoming races

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Several Items

OK a few things of note for this post.


1) So last night I decided to try & see how far I could go on the treadmill in 70 minutes.  I was hoping for 5 miles, as it seems my previous uses of it had me at a 4.3 avg mph.  It was at 4.4 when something went wrong.  I had upped the speed at times faster than i hd it before & had been on it longer than ever. Judging by the sound/feel, I have think the belt has slipped, probably part of a break in period. Normally I would pull it apart & diagnose the issues.  But as it is under warranty we will see what happens when I get the call back on it tomorrow from the service dept.


2) Today the email came about the Spartan Beast I have been waiting on.  The wonderful world of the Discount Code. 30% off on the Utah Beast.  Of course the first heats are already sold out.  Clearly they picked a good place for the race as only a few days after posting the date and a year away heats are selling out.  I have now signed up officially & updated the image at the top of this blog to represent that. 


3) In reading about this past Utah Beast, from Dirt in Your Skirt, it seems the folks at Spartan Race HQ are changing things up.  Target shooting was included in this past race, along with the traditional spear throw. I am a little apprehensive about this but mostly because it is something I have not done in a race before. 


4) Current work out status.  Today was day 4 of the Burpee Challenge, and to make up for the lack of treadmill I did go for walk. Just as well, several days in a row on it has put me in a bit of pain in the shin/ankle area & last thing I want is a repeat of the issues that plagued me when i originally signed up fr my first event.

Current treadmill only totals since July 1
8.75 miles
1070 calories
4.3 mph average


Not a bad start, but would like to get back on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment