Spartan Races to come

Spartan Races to come
Upcoming races

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 1

Training day 1.


So last week in preparation of this we purchased a treadmill.  between Erika & I wanting to get in better shape, needing to work on speed & endurance and of course i being about 2 degrees cooler than the sun outside it seemed like the best possible purchase for the endeavor. Over the last week I have used ti a lot more than I thought I would.  but of course today is the Day 1.


I was surprised to see I am weighing just under191 lbs. Recently I weighed just under 200.  That was about the time I had gotten the news from my doctor about the high cholesterol, vitamin deficiencies and other ailments that made me really consider doing this to get in to a better shape.


In addition to trying to use the treadmill most days of the week at least to walk a bit, I have also instituted a version of the 100 day burpee challenge.  So far so good.  1 down.


Treadmill today was 30 min @ about a 4 mpg average. not too bad.


I have also signed up for my 'other race'  called the ToroLocoChallenge, it will be in September and I think a good gauge to see where I am after a few months of getting ready for my Spartan Races.


AS for the Spartan race next June 29, it looms in the back of my head.  A 12.1 mile race was run there yesterday & I looked at the results.  Sure my goal is to complete it, but I WOULD like a decent time too. The average completion time for this race was 3 hours & 5 min, this is just better than the time it took me to complete the shorter Spartan Race I was in back in February.  I have a ways to go.

1 comment: