Spartan Races to come

Spartan Races to come
Upcoming races

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Preface

So a long time ago I saw a video on the web about an event in the UK called the ToughGuy. In spite of it being an outdoor/active sort of thing I was drawn to it & wanted to participate. I know That may never happen so I have decided to do the next best thing and participate in local obstacle races in the U.S.  Dear reader please note I am an out of shape computer geek who is more versed in Halo than in real any kind of physical activity. (I actually failed basic PE in high school)


in 2011 I signed up for an event called the Warrior Dash in Florence, AZ.  Summarily I injured myself & hobbled through it against doctor's orders.  Later I walked an event called the Mad Mud Run w/ my girlfriend.  Early in 2012 I signed up for an event called the Spartan Race, thinking it was similar. it was not.  instead of 3.5 miles it was over 8 miles. Obstacles were harder & failure meant calisthenics.  Still, once again injured, I completed the course in about the longest time posted.


Well I have decided 2013 WILL be different. Not only will I be in better shape in my 40th year, I intend to complete 3 spartan races, a 3.5 mile, a 8 mile & a 12.1 mile - called the Trifecta if one can complete this in 12 months. Due to the locations of the races & money constraints I will be doing them all in 6 months.


This blog will follow my training & thought processes as I try to get in shape & complete these 3 events (and one additional) in the next 364 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment