Spartan Races to come

Spartan Races to come
Upcoming races

Friday, August 10, 2012

So....

First of all , the back pain has been subsiding, albeit slowly.  Hopefully I will be back at 100% for my trip to Canada next weekend. Just in time to make other bad decisions.

But I woke up today w/ pain in my left shin.  Now I had noticed some tenderness there a couple days ago after a work out, and attributed it to just over use. I have been on the treadmill in some capacity for 13 days in a row starting July 27. Yesterday due to my mom being in town & staying in the room it is kept I did not workout. It was kind of strange, maybe I am getting used to it being part of my routine, as much as I hate doing it. Thus I find it odd that today I have the pain,it makes more sense to me if I had been exerting myself, however I had not.  Guess it is something else to keep an eye on.

In other news the Arizona Republic had an article today about 'mud runs'  It was mostly an ad for a particular event, and to help tout an article they plan on doing on their 'team'  and looking for people to join it.  Still it is nice to see them taking notice and having the list of upcoming events. I am also amused that being a newspaper & having access to researchers, they do not list 4 events that I do on my Arizona races page that are occurring later this year. This includes the November event Erika is participating in that already has over 1000 people signed up for it and the October event I am volunteering with.

Finally, for any people interested, the founders of Spartan Race have published an ebook (FREE), it deals with history, training, rules and articles on some amazing people, I hope I have the time to read it this weekend.  Being self published it is not the most refined in look, but may have some useful info. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment