Spartan Races to come

Spartan Races to come
Upcoming races

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ouch

I hurt. Specifically my lower back hurts. It is my fault. But I fear this will effect me more than I'd like.

Some background:
In Arizona a few years back we got rid of pretty much the last of the old blue laws concerning alcohol sales. Sunday Aug 1, 2010 was the first day you could purchase alcohol before 10am in Arizona on a Sunday.  Although not a big drinker, I started the "Annual Beer & Doughnut Run".  The first Sunday in August at 6am begins a ride around town which includes buying breakfast & alcohol, just because you can.  Today was the 3rd annual  Beer & Doughnut Run (and also International Beer Day).

In preparation for this I ran a lot yesterday, 6 miles in 80 minutes.  The fastest & longest I have run since beginning this. I felt pretty good about it & the approx 906 calories burned.  

This morning all went well w/ the ride.  Ride - check.  Beer - check. Doughnuts - check. But the place I got the doughnuts was across town, and I was bringing stuff home.  it did not fit on the bike well, and to avoid crushing the spoils, I put the ill-fitting box in a backpack & rode home, sitting in an odd manor. So odd in fact that knew something was going wrong while riding, as i felt every bump in the road. But being an idiot I pressed on. I was in a lot of pain when I got off the bike, all in the lower back.

Needless to say it has not been the fun day I had planned, and I am hoping I am not doing as bad tomorrow, but only time will tell.  I did work out a very little today to try & stay limber and because I recently read that with injuries like this the best thing may be to use them not to baby them.

We will see......


No comments:

Post a Comment